Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015)
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015)
- Course name – BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Location – 5 day face-to-face delivery. This course is interactive and includes a variety of practical activities and assessment methods including in-class case studies, individual and collaborative group activities, presentations, written submissions and self-paced study. The self-paced study includes 12 units to be completed within twelve (12) months of attending the face-to-face component of the course.
- Workshop Duration – Nationally (see schedule below for dates and times). Also available by request On Location – flexible group training delivered at your site or office.
- Cost – Introductory pricing – $1250.00*. A payment plan is available to approved applicants – please call to enquire. (*Price subject to change without notice.)
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
|Brisbane||TBA||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
WHAT IS THE CERTIFICATE IV IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT?
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is a five day face-to-face course, which covers the responsibilities, skills and knowledge required to carry out the role of manager, supervisor, foreman, leading hand, team leader etc. They will have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team. This course is suitable for all industries.
It includes, but is not limited to covering the following:
- Communicating effectively
- Managing, supervising & controlling contractors
- Identifying hazards.
- Assessing the risks
- Determining risk management and control
- Deciding on, implementing or facilitating of actions and follow-up
- Reviewing the implementation of action
- Completion records and reports
- Leading teams effectively.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING?
This course and accompanying units of competency are appropriate for those working as team leaders, supervisors, or those identified as foreman, leading hand at work sites within:
- Ports and Marine
- Retail Industry
- Water Supply Industry
- Interface and Utilities
- Facilities Management
- Surface or Underground Mining and Mineral Processes, Quarries etc.
- RManufacturing Industries
- Schools and Colleges
Nil. However to successfully complete this qualification it is necessary that you have:
- Extensive vocational work experience in the working environment
- Sound English literacy skills to read and comprehend information from a variety of sources and compile documents
- Communication skills to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Interpersonal skills to listen and question actively, e.g. when obtaining technical information
- Have knowledge of working practices and numeracy skills to sequence tasks and meet timelines
- Some technical literacy of activities and process is also desirable
- Ideally candidates will have access to a workplace or have experience of a workplace. In circumstances where this is not available, a workplace may be simulated.
QUALIFICATION – CORE AND ELECTIVE UNITS
The BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification requires candidates to successfully complete 4 core units and 8 elective units, a total of 12 overall. The units listed below are those delivered in the 5 day face-to-face program by ASTRA:
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BBSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective management of contractors
HOW DO I ENROL?
You may request an enrolment pack by clicking on this link or call 1300 260 300 to discuss your requirements. An ASTRA representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook, enrolment form and applicant summary experience questionnaire.
All candidates are required to provide a current copy of their CV or workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates with their enrolment form. These documents assist ASTRA in determining your current leadership and management knowledge and experience and ensure that you are enrolling in the right course for you.
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) states that the volume of learning / expected course duration of a Certificate IV qualification is typically six (6) months to two (2) years. ASTRA’s BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is delivered over 5 intensive days of face-to-face learning followed by supported self-directed learning, completed at your own pace. ASTRA recommend that students ideally complete within 12 months following the face-to-face workshop, however, do not automatically apply cut off dates and request that you inform ASTRA if you wish to extend your study period for any reason.
This time may be shortened if you have prior learning, credit transfers, or workplace experience in a related role. ASTRA’s enrolment process involves discussing your current skills and knowledge with you and reviewing your CV or workplace position description and copies of any relevant qualifications or certificates to determine an appropriate amount of training for you.
Assessment is based on in-class case studies, individual and collaborative group activities and written submissions. Candidates have six (6) months to complete further self-paced learning and submit their assessment items following the 5-day face-to-face course.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASTRA prior to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
Upon successful completion of all coursework, candidates will be issued the nationally recognised qualification, BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, by ASTRA Group Services (RTO number 31544).
RELATED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES FOR THE WHS ESSENTIALS PROGRAM
Upcoming Brisbane Courses
- Diploma of WHS – BSB51319
- Certificate IV in WHS – BSB41419
- WHS Essentials
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Course (RRTWC)
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - BSB42015
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR)
- Health and Safety Representative Refresher (HSRR)