BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Course name – Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Location: 718 Gympie Road, Lawnton, Queensland 4501. Also available by request on location – flexible group training delivered at your office.
- Parking: Onsite parking available behind the building (free)
- Training Duration – 5 day face-to-face delivery.
- Time: 8.30am - 4.30pm Daily
- Cost – $1,795 (GST free). $1,500 deposit is required to secure the enrolment; remainder payable prior to the final day of training. A payment plan is available to approved applicants – please call to enquire.
- Prerequisite bundle pricing – $2,450 (GST free). Includes the 5 core units from BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety and the full BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification (additional training days apply). Individuals are required to pay a $750 deposit to secure their enrolment; a further $1500 payment on confirmation of entry into the Diploma program and the balance of $200 prior to completing training.
Upcoming Workshop Training Dates
|Brisbane||10 May - 14 May 2021 (Mon - Fri)||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||12 July - 16 July 2021 (Mon - Fri)||8:30 AM - 430 PM|
|Brisbane||6 September - 10 September 2021 (Mon - Fri)||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Brisbane||8 November - 12 November 2021 (Mon - Fri)||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
This exciting and nationally recognised qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety program in a workplace. Get recognition for your work experience and obtain a formal WHS qualification now.
- ASTRA offers an intensive delivery format over 5-days
- Face to Face (we believe in the good old fashioned way of learning)
- 12 months to complete post course learning and assessment
- A simple step-by-step application process- Start now
- Guaranteed delivery by industry experienced trainers
- On-location courses contextualised to your industry.
Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) is a nationally recognised training program under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This Training and Assessment is delivered under the auspices and in partnership arrangement on behalf of ASTRA Group Services, RTO 31544.
You typically possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Upon successful completion of safety training for the Diploma WHS, you will be able to apply safety solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. Unleash your potential.
Who will benefit from Diploma of WHS Training?
The Diploma WHS provides knowledge and skills, which are transferrable across a range of industries. The Diploma of WHS qualification would suit a practitioner within the OHS or WHS field, in a range of sectors, including mining and construction, infrastructure, safety, and Government and corporate.
Your job roles and titles may vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma OHS qualification include
Work Health Safety Officer (WHSO)
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
Statement of Attainment for all 5 core units from the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or their equivalents:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- Ideally, at least 2 years’ experience in a safety role, which includes the development and review of safety systems and
- Language, literacy, and numeracy for Diploma level and
- Computer skills, e.g. basic word processing and ability to access internet resources.
Simply contact ASTRA to discuss the pre-requisite requirements for the Diploma of WHS.
Upcoming Brisbane Courses
- Diploma of WHS – BSB51319
- Certificate IV in WHS – BSB41419
- WHS Essentials
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Course (RRTWC)
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - BSB42015
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR)
- Health and Safety Representative Refresher (HSRR)